Did you know that you can find the recipe for Taco Bell Hot Sauce in a cook book. Here it is, but I don't know if it's exactly the same. I bet it's a little different. It's another one from my aunt :)
Taco Bell Hot Sauce
One 6 oz can tomato paste
3 cups water
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons distilled vinegar
1 tablespoon minced dried onion
1 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices
Combine tomato paste and water over medium heat. Stir until smooth
Add cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, cornstarch, vinegar, and dried onion. Stir well.
Chop jalapenos very fine … food processor okay … don’t puree. Add to mixture.
Bring to boil and stir 3 minutes. Let stand until cool and refrigerate. Will last 1-2 months. Makes 3 ½ cups.
(Anya and I have each chugged a packet of hot sauce from taco bell. Now we can do it more often and do it with more friends.)
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment